Dr. Monte L. Butler
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon | Fort Smith, AR
Dr. Butler grew up in Greenwood, Arkansas, a community just outside the Fort Smith area. He attended Rhodes College for undergraduate work and received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Tennessee College of Dentistry at Memphis in 1992. He also completed his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at UT Memphis and its affiliated hospitals. He enjoys the full scope of oral surgeries, with a special interest in dental implants.
Dr. Butler and his wife Michelle have one child, Abbey. He is active in the local dental and civic community. He also enjoys spending time playing golf, fishing and snow skiing.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, ABOMS
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, AAOMS
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists, ICOI
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, ACOMS
- American Dental Association, ADA
- Arkansas State Dental Association, ASDA
- Fort Smith Dental Association, past president
- Part time faculty at UA Fort Smith Dental Hygiene Program.
- Instructor for Head and Neck Anatomy, Local Anesthesia Course, and clinical supervision
- Saint Edwards Mercy Medical Center, Fort Smith
- Sparks Regional Medical Center, Fort Smith