- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure and drive the patient home. If the patient is a minor, a patient or guardian is required to be present at all appointments.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves and low-heeled shoes.
- Hard contact lenses and jewelry should not be worn on the day of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a productive cough, cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Drs. Curry or Butler prior to your surgical date for instructions.